Thursday, November 8, 2012

High Expectation Means High Result



I took this from the Purpose Fairy's Facebook page. And find it really useful for my present situation. Just this week, I have already started my volunteer work as a nurse in the rural health unit. For more than a year, my brain rested entertaining concepts I learned from the nursing school.

And for 3 days that I've been reporting to the RHU, I am really overwhelmed by the number of patients flocking in the morning for consultation and for tooth extraction. Another thing is, the nurses working there are labeled as "mini doctors" because they work independently with the use of the IMCI guideline. In nursing, it's like the bible of the community health nurses in treating common sickness for children from 2 months to 5 years old.

In my mind, I always say that I already have the mommy brain, a good excuse for me every time I forget something (which happens almost always). During my duty time, I can just say that my brain has become stagnant. AS IN. It's so hard for me to understand the concept of IMCI and wonder when could I probably become an expert in it.

Reading that quote above enlightened me so much. I have to give my brain a little higher expectation so that I can live up with it. It can help me learn faster at work, since being mommy is no excuse at all. ***wink***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read this post. Now, I am eager to read your thoughts, too!

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...