Tuesday, October 9, 2012

In the Kitchen: Pork Adobo with Banana


It's rainy today and I felt like I wanted some pork on the table. I couldn't leave the house because as you know it's only me and K here during the day. Fortunately, our suki pedicab driver, happened to pass by so I requested him to buy me ingredients from the wet market.

He bought 1/2 kg of pork and sliced unripe jackfruit. I was craving for that eh. But then I found some saging na saba in the tray which were already too ripe. No one in the house likes to eat them in that state but I thought it would be better to cook them rather than throw them away.

I remember Mark cooked adobo with this banana plus sweet potato, so I decided to cook the other half of the pork like that one minus the sweet potato.

Ingredients:

1/4 kg pork
salt
Ginisa Mix (seasoning)
3 cups water
1 cup sliced saging na saba banana
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup soysauce
1 bulb onion chopped
4 cloves garlic chopped


Procedure:

1. In a pan, saute the garlic onion and pork.
2. Put a pinch of salt and seasoning.
3. Add the water and boil until pork is tender. Add the vinegar and soy sauce. Simmer.
4. If only a little water (sauce) is left, add 1 more cup and put the banana. Let it cook.
5. Taste and adjust according to your preference.

Guys, I'm not born in a family of cooks or chefs, but I am teaching myself, experimenting, trying, documenting, and always inspired to make it. Just like my sister who has become a pastry chef in a cruise ship. 

As long as the people I love enjoyed the meal I prepared, I'm satisfied with what I made and I'm happy to share them with you. If you happen to have suggestions to make the dish better, I am happy to read it from you. Please feel free to comment on. I love learning!

I'd like to leave you with a quote that has inspired me not to be hopeless in the kitchen ever since I heard it:

"Anyone can cook"
                                                                                                   - Gusteau in the movie Ratatouille

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read this post. Now, I am eager to read your thoughts, too!

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...