Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Grateful weekend for everyone!



The cottage Bible study was held at our home yesterday afternoon. It was refreshing because I've been thirsty for the Word all this time. Even writing about it now makes me guilty of not doing my responsibility to grow as a Christian. But that's for another story. Anyhow, I'm glad that the church people were there to visit and share the Word with us.

What made me even gladder was the part when the pastor asked for each of our testimony on how God has sustained and blessed us this week. Wow! I don't intend to exaggerate but the truth is, I missed this kind of thing - when Christians gather and share testimonies and problems and help each other in prayer. 

When my turn came, I blurted out a lot of things to be thanked for and I feel satisfied having declared them to the people whom I know understand.

For this week, here are the things I am really heartfully grateful about:

1. The gift of life. It's just awesome how God has given and sustained our breath and our health despiite minor colds and illnesses the family is having now.

2. The gift of wisdom. It's wisdom that comes with age and with tuning your heart in to the natural things. I  was a ranting lady when I moved here in the countryside. I never imagined myself to settle down in my hometown, too preoccupied of the city life. But God has a different plan - a plan which is very opposite to mine. But well, he knows the best and I feel blessed that He's taking over 'cause I can see where He is leading me.

3. The gift of providence. His financial blessings overflows and though time will come that it won't be too overflowing, I know He will never ever leave our side and give us what we need.

That's it! It may not be too specific of the material things, but for me, I'm glad...I'm really glad to have found those things to be thankful for.

How about you? What are the things you're glad about this week?

9 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post. It is encouraging to hear others and their testimonies. It draws attention to how we are all blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Amen to that...each of us is blessed in different ways. :)

      Delete
  2. I know exactly what you mean! I love fellowship, worshiping and studying the Word with fellow believers! The Lord has blessed us so much, it's hard to name just one for which I am thankful, or glad, for. The gift of salvation is number one. Then my family, friends, for the roof over my head, and that we are able to provide for our family...and that's just the start of the list! lol Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad for a safe flight. Glad for the quality summer I had with my children (the last with my second oldest whom I just dropped off in Florida so he can pursue higher education at the university of his choice). Glad for my health. And glad for this beautiful state I am visiting right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad for my husband, my three children, my home, and my health.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for reminding me to remember all the things I have to be grateful for. I've been extremely sad this week after losing a close friend (ok, it was my cat--but he lived with me for 13 years and really was a friend!). I'm grateful for all the times he brought me comfort and made me laugh with his silliness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thankful my 4th and last step-daughter graduating from college...finally! I always like reading thankful posts. They make you feel so good:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thankful for being blessed with sweet boys, and being surrounded by amazing people.
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I'm thankful for all your wonderful comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read this post. Now, I am eager to read your thoughts, too!

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...