Monday, October 8, 2012

From the Heart of the Seaman's Wife

As of this time, Mark is on his way to the US to join his ship, Kristoff and Mom are sound asleep. And I have just finished evaluating my students in the online report.

It's a little bit busy today, running errands with Kristoff in my arms, getting rid of the virus while K was asleep and while he's playing around, doing the house chores while he's watching the Brainy Baby video which has now become his favorite instead of Lion King. And in every moment of each, there was Mark calling me or me calling him.

We could only hear our voices, I know. So it might as well be the same if we talk through phone while he's still in Manila or when he's already on board. But no. There's really a difference, psychologically when the person is physically miles and miles away from you. Manila is reachable in less than a day. But continents? 

I am not whining at all. I'm just expressing a humanly emotion - the longing for my other half........thinking of the 9 months that we're going to be apart.

But then again, we have to bear it, if it's the way we can give brighter future for our family, especially for the kids. Mark and I promised that we would never let our kids experience the kind of hardship that we had due to poverty. And I feel so blessed that he's very responsible to reach that dream of ours.

We always say, 9 months is short, so as to ease the longing. There's Facebook and Skype and the mobile phone to be updated with each other.

But I hope someday, someday...we can have the option of him living with us while still providing well-enough for the family.

I miss him. But I must be strong. And I will be. For him. For K. For me.

'Til we touch you again...dad...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read this post. Now, I am eager to read your thoughts, too!

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...