Monday, September 17, 2012

An Unexpected Trip to Manila Part 1

Yes! At long last! After 4 years I'm back in Manila and it's super UNEXPECTED! As in U-N-E-X-P-E-C-T-E-D! A probinsyana like me from Negros, without really any business to do here and on a tight budget doesn't expect to be here on leisure. And I'm here with my little family, yep, the three of us!

So what really happened why we happened to be in the metro?

Actually, it's already Mark's time to report to his company's office in Ermita to sign his next contract and have his training in Cavite. He left on Tuesday last week for Bacolod and that same night, I was in so emo mode thinking that he'll be leaving us again for work for nine months! He just have a 3-month vacation - so short!  And yet, we're doing this for our dreams, for a better future so that our kids will not experience the hardships we had because of poverty. This is a third world talk and I feel I don't have the right to complain. So sacrifice...sacrifice...sacrifice....I know that word. And Mark and I believe that it's for the best.

The morning after that emo-Tuesday night, came a surprising question from him through a text message:

"Do you want to come with me to Manila?"

What? Are you kidding? That's my initial reaction. Then, I suddenly realized that he's not kidding at all, he was in fact very serious of that question that suddenly popped out of his mind. No, no...he wasn't asking me if I wanted to go, he has actually decided about it already. I learned that he was done calling our parents to inform them that we're going. This mom ain't got a choice.

In a matter of an hour, I'm done packing our things. I'm just glad that my mom came home from work to help me out. 

At 9:00 a.m, we're already on our way through a 6-hour bus drive to Bacolod City where Mark was waiting for us to catch a 5:20 pm flight.

We arrived at Silay_Bacolod Airport at 4:00 PM. I was VERY excited and anxious at the same time because this would be my very first flight. And Kristoff's too!

***to continue po ito...**


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read this post. Now, I am eager to read your thoughts, too!

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...