Friday, September 21, 2012

Let's Move and Let's Love

Good evening mothers! What are you up to tonight?

Here? I can find silence in the house, good enough for reflection. Kristoff has just fallen asleep beside me after watching Bingo and Old Mcdonald for several times and Mark is out to bond with his uncles. Most of my online students have an appointment and cancelled their classes. Yay! I can blog early! :)

Anyway, I found in my inbox a message from Nuffnang about Benetton's Let's Love and Let's Move Contest. Apparently, it has a price when you win. So it makes me really excited to make my entry, thinking of my hubby and me having Benetton's new fragrances, Let's Move for him and Let's Love for meeeee! It requires to blog about a thing that we commit to do as a move of love.

I was so focused on the price, to be honest. But while pondering on it, I've come to some important realization:

We can be great in moving and loving even through the simple random act of kindness. 
We may not reach the extent of putting our lives at stake for some historical heroic deed, 
but we can still be heroes in simple ways as we live our lives everyday. 
For parents, we move and we love every moment when our thoughts and actions are geared towards sustaining our kids. Reading a story book, kissing a son goodnight, dancing with your little ones, and playing peek-a-boo are only a few examples that we move and love. 
We may not be appreciated all the time, 
but sure does this random act of kindness brings goodness and joy to both us and our kids.

When I was in high school and college, I dreamed of being a Christian missionary to India or Africa. 
I felt like I was being called to bring good news to the unsaved and help the less fortunate. 
It is where I can best perform as a nurse, I thought.
But it didn't happen. 
I got married and blessed with a sweet son. 
Then there's no more way but to set aside that dream. 
But I love what Mother Teresa said in these two quotes, they remind me of my mission now:


 I am happy that whatever I have become right now, I am always moving and loving, even at times when things are so hard and I don't even realize that we are doing it.

But I have one special thing that I want to do on my birthday which will be on the 23rd of December. 
Yay! I'm turning 25! Let's celebrate!
Actually, I have an ideal birthday celebration and this was supposed to be what my 18th birthday should be done. Due to some personal circumstances, however, it didn't go like this.

It's so simple, you know. 
I just want to throw a party in a poor village in the nearby barangay. There would be lots of parlor games and prices for them, Christmas gifts, and of course, food! 
But a preaching about the Holy Word would be a great start for the celebration. 

This is my vow, my commitment, my move of love.

How about you? Have you committed to do a move of love today, this week, this month,
 or before the year ends? What is it?

Let's move and let's love!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read this post. Now, I am eager to read your thoughts, too!

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...