Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Everyone's-Sick Week

***Sigh***

Yes, apparently, the title must tell you what's happening in the household. Yeah, the family's been experiencing a lot of stress this week from unexpected ailments.

First, it's Mark who got serious colds that started on Friday night. He was supposed to have his trip to Bacolod and Manila the following day, but cancelled it off because of it. Of course, he needed to stay in bed and have a full rest and he was like that for four days. 'Yan kasi, he was really busy facilitating the permit of cutting down a tree to be used for making a pump boat. With just the motorcycle, he and my father-in-law went to the mountain and took a picture of the tree, then went to DENR. And mind you, the weather here is not so nice these days. The day might start with a scorching sun and all of a sudden, the rain would just pour down. So lesson for him: Slow down, take it easy and avoid abusing your body.


Then, while he's still weak, I got a urinary tract infection. Naobserve ko naman lately kasi, when I face the computer or when I'm into the housework, I do really forgot to pee and parang hindi na sya automatic like I have to remind myself that "hmn, you have a full bladder already so you better pee now". So, that's it. Good for me it's just easy to cure. So I'm all well now. Lesson for me: Never ever ignore the call of nature.

My mom. I already shared this to the Voiceboks community that my mom got the ultrasound result of having a Diffuse Bilateral Parenchymal Disease. I googled it and it was like scarring of the kidney tissue. However, it was confusing for the doctor since she felt the flank pain on the left only. He ordered a CT scan which can cost Php 4,500 and my mom won't want it. She said it was just a waste. Hmmn...So this week, the pain worsened but we're leading to believe that this does not affect her kidney actually, but there might only be some nerve na naipit when she injured when she tripped almost a year ago. She had ignored the pain for that long, too. A hilot came today and massaged the affected area, but she still can't move her hips freely, still feeling the pain... Hmmn...Lesson for mom: Always listen to what your body says. Seek for a medical attention at the onset of symptoms.

And my little boy, nahawaan ng  ama eh. It started yesterday with a high fever, congested nose and cough. Good that very helpful naman are his meds for fever. Then I get to use Milea's Sniffles Balm.

Milea Sniffles Balm with the Skin Healing Balm which I use for his prickly heat and mosquito and ant bites.


Truly, it helps calm Kristoff's cough and eases his nasal congestion. The organic composition of eucalyptus, tea tree, and manila elemi do the trick. But of course, a medical opinion and prescription drugs are very important. So, tomorrow, we'll get his blood tested. Supposedly, it must be today, only that, our hospital lab doesn't open during weekends, so ala tayong magagawa...

It's really hard to see him sick, I know you moms can relate. Lesson for me...Prevention is better than cure, talaga. Kaya okay lang na hindi muna maakap at mahagkan si baby, basta wag lang mahawaan.

I hope you guys can include us in your prayers tonight. Thank you so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read this post. Now, I am eager to read your thoughts, too!

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...