Saturday, September 1, 2012

Brush, Brush, Brush!

.I began using a brush on Kristoff's teeth even before his first birthday, but stopped when his gums bled because he resisted it and then I resorted to using the gauze pad again. But since he has his molars now, the gauze can't clean the folds and corners of the teeth and I'm afraid he could develop cavities.
It's very necessary to get him used to brushing his teeth.
Here are some techniques I use to get him back to brushing and making him enjoy it:
1. I make him see me brush my teeth while singing and having fun.
2. Right after I brush my teeth, I show him that it's his time to have his teeth cleaned.
3. It's natural that kids become resistant when we force them to brush and this would just cause injury to their gums. Yes, okay, I learned from experience.
a. So what I do, is be as friendly as possible to him and instruct and show him to open his mouth and bare his teeth. That way, I get him to obey. But he obeys for only like a minute or even less, just in time for me to pass the brush to his molars.
b. After that, I let him hold his brush and because he already knows what it's used for, he put it in his mouth and brushed even though it's not perfect brushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read this post. Now, I am eager to read your thoughts, too!

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...